At Boa Vida Healthcare, we understand the important roles that trust, integrity and leadership play in the healthcare industry. That is why we are committed to the highest standards of compliance and ethics.
Boa Vida Healthcare’s Compliance Program was designed to ensure that the organization upholds all legal, ethical and regulatory laws, policies and standards in the industry. Our ethical standards and a compliance program is based on guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Office of Inspector General (OIG).
Through its Corporate Compliance Plan, Code of Conduct and other related policies and procedures, Boa Vida Healthcare has established standards and procedures to promote the highest ethical culture and discourage inappropriate conduct. It is the fundamental policy of Boa Vida Healthcare to conduct its business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and the ethical standards and practices of the industry and the organization.
Our Corporate Compliance Program has many components to ensure that trust. These components include our Corporate Compliance Officer, an Compliance Committee that supports the overall compliance program, and a Compliance Operations Team that conducts ongoing auditing and monitoring and helps us run a robust compliance training program. These resources demonstrate Boa Vida’s commitment to uphold all regulatory, legal and ethical standards and help us support our partners in healthcare in doing the same. As part of this strong compliance program, Boa Vida Healthcare also adheres to the following practices:
- All employees participate in annual compliance training programs in which they study the applicable law.
- Boa Vida Healthcare undergoes independent audits of its compliance program and business practices.
- All employees and all physician partners are screened to ensure they are in good standing with Federal and State health care programs.
- All agreements with referring physicians go through a strict compliance and legal review process prior to execution and must comply with ongoing monitoring requirements.
- Boa Vida Healthcare’s compliance program requires that all agreements comply with the Federal Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute.