1. President, Kirnjot Singh, MD
Dr. Singh is a Spine Surgeon with certifications from the ABOS, ABSS, and ABAM. He has practiced medicine for 15 years and actively involved in all facets of healthcare from surgery center, imaging center, physical therapy, hospital operations, clinical lab medicine, and behavioral health. He brings a core strength in galvanizing and enhancing the medical staff and hospital strategic initiatives. His focus always remains on patient care and employee relationships, believing that happy employees are the key to good, quality patient care.
2. Finance Director, Michael Schneider, MBA, CPA
Michael comes to Boa Vida with over 24 years of healthcare finance experience with extensive financial management of Hospitals located on the East Coast, West Coast and Chicago. His core strength lies in identifying opportunities to increase operational efficiencies and enhance revenue opportunities. Some of her relevant experience includes:
• Manage, monitor and analyze the hospital’s $42 million operating budgetfor safety-net hospital on southeast side of Chicago funded by Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement and governmental supplemental funding.
• Implemented Revenue Integrity department and function which has significantlyincreased denial prevention, improved denials management, restructured coding function now performing at optimal levels, and improved efficiency of charge master function.
• Developed, lead and managed several cost reduction efforts to reduce operatingexpenses from $4.0 million to $3.6 million a month via improved labor productivity and improved utilization of supplies and purchased services.
• Improved AR Cash collections via restructuring of revenue cycle staff and leadership.
• Improved IT department infrastructure with new IT leadership, technology, and defined job functions which led to a significantly improved clinical system and a new department focus on customer service.
• Responsible for leading materials management, hospital laboratory, finance areas, information systems, revenue cycle teams, and cost reduction initiatives.
• Summarize and present hospital financial results and large-scale capital requests to Board of Directors for approval
• Manage, monitor and analyze the medical center’s $375 million operating budget and process.
• Manage entire internal close process and summarize financial results of medical Center for VP of Finance.
• Present forecasts and budgets to executive team for approval.
• Developed and recommended FTEs to hospital leadership for new $100 million outpatient building that will provide surgical, digestive disease andoncology services to the Lakeview community and surrounding neighborhoods.
• Implemented internal electronic budgeting system which improved efficiencies during the budget process and reduced unnecessary hospital operating costs.
• Determine and monitor clinical operations and nursing staff budgets utilizing benchmarking tools
• Collaborated in the planning of $200 million operating budget, which included implementing a new web-based budget system.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate charge capture for room and observation charges, which resulted in a recovery of $2.5 million dollars in gross revenue, and a 3.8% recovery improvement in productivity for the hospital’s med/surg units.
• Completed 15-yearfinancial projection plan for $ 30 million new surgical remodel project.
• Prepared and presented service line volume projections and other financial analysis to senior management and finance board.
3. Revenue Cycle Director, Dana Strong, MBA
Current Position and Responsibilities
Dana Strong is a Director of Revenue Cycle for Boa Vida Healthcare with more than 30 years of experience in health care finance, audit, and consulting. He provides revenue cycle managementservices to numerous health care organizations including hospitals, health systems, skillednursing facilities, home health agencies, and federally qualified health centers. Dana brings a wealth of experience to Boa Vida from several previous positions in various health care entities prior. With more than 20 years of experience in health care consulting, he helps Boa Vida hospitals strategically improve their organizations to overcome challenges and position themselves for success.
• Certified Healthcare
• Financial Professional
Specializations Revenue cycle performance improvement Interim CFO/controller Medicare cost report preparation Audit assistance Strategic planning Board facilitation
Past Experience Director of revenue cycle and reimbursement for an acute care hospital in Oregon CFO/controller for four different critical access hospitals CFO for the second largest visiting nurse association in Massachusetts Medicare intermediary auditor for 10 years Founding fellow of the American College of Healthcare Trustees (FACHT)
Professional Memberships and Activities Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), Oregon Chapter – Member
• Southern New Hampshire University Bachelor of science degree in accounting
• Husson College Master of science degree in business
4. Chief Strategy Officer, Darrwin E Perkins
Mr. Perkins has been involved in healthcare management, business development and consulting for over 25 years. Recently, he’s worked as Executive Project Consultant and Director of Business Development for The Methodist Hospitals, Inc. and Executive Vice President of Business Development & Principal for The Center For Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine LLC focusing on the growth and operations for each. Mr. Perkins also served as Chief Operating Officer for Affiliated Physicians Group, L.L.C., which is an Independent Physicians Association with more than 150 primary care physicians and specialists throughout the Chicagoland area and suburbs. Prior to each, Mr. Perkins had experience with various healthcare facilities, health plans and managed healthcare operations in Illinois and New York. His experience included serving as Vice President of Business Development and Managed Care at Roseland Community Hospital, as well as Director of Network Development for Aveta Health Illinois, Inc. (Medicare Advantage Health Plan) and Executive Director for North American Medical Management (IPA/PHO Management Firm). Mr. Perkins has worked with United Healthcare, Silver Cross Managed Care (PHO), Heritage Medical Group-NY (IPA/MSO), CompPsych (Behavioral Management), Doctors Care Network (IPA/MSO) and both Provident and Cook County Hospital. Mr. Perkins received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Illinois at Chicago and a Masters in Human Services Administration from Spertus College in Chicago, Illinois. He’s taken doctoral courses toward a degree in Business Administration at Northcentral University. Additionally, Mr. Perkins has held a Pharmaceutical Technician License and Series 7 & Series 63 Broker Licenses administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) through the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
5. Pharmacy and Clinic Manager, Brad Huffman
MrHuffman’s Healthcare background spans many years with deep clinical expertise working as a nurse and in hospital Administration.His relevant experience includes:
• Over 5 years’ experience working with 340B program in CAH hospitals
• Implementation of different third party split billing software platforms
• Building and maintenance of 340b contract pharmacy networks with chain pharmacies and independent pharmacies.
• Experience in 2 HRSA program integrity audits & 1 manufacturer audit
• Corporate Director of Nursing and IT at a Mississippi CAH.
• Special Healthcare Projects and Business Development at a Mississippi CAH
• Executive Director of hospice, Columbus MS
6. Richard H. Smith, MBA
Highly successful healthcare management executive, with extensive experience operating hospitals and nursing home facilities. Performance record includes extremely successful physician recruiting, medical staff development, managing, and training highly knowledgeable and diverse medical teams that collaborate as focused units to achieve aggressive patient service/revenue goals. Highly experienced at devising and executing strategic plans to identify and secure new business opportunities. Takes personal approach at leveraging key relationships, resources, and process improvements to deliver quality patient care with efficiency. Particularly effective in turning around and transforming underperforming organizations into stable, growth-oriented, and profitable customer-focused entities. Strong track record in managing new business startups to accommodate higher patient volumes and demands for service. Experienced in for-profit and not-for-profit hospital organizations.
• P&L Accountability
• Team Leadership & Collaboration
• Business Development
• Strategic Planning & Execution
• Continuous Process Improvements
• Healthcare Administration
• Business Startups & Turnarounds
• Customer & Patient Care Services
• Patient Quality Management
7. Behavioral Health, Ronald Williams
Knowledge of and experience in budgeting and reconciliation of client resources; writing and revising policies; developing and implementing processes and services; generating reports; auditing; quality control; and providing clinical supervision, training, and management to line staff and supervisors. Knowledge of human resource practices and regulations, including recruiting, union laws, and staff termination. Experienced in establishing and encouraging teamwork, which leads to improved staff morale and a positive work environment. Experience in quickly obtaining resources to support client, staff, and office needs.
Knowledge of and experience in clinical supervision, group facilitation, individual counseling, and client assessment.
Over twenty years of experience with working with the homeless, mentally ill and substance abuse adolescent populations.
• Master of Science Degree in Human Services Counseling
• Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor
• Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor since 1996
• Twenty-four years of experience working with adult and children in group and individual therapy, case management, crisis intervention, and working with the homeless
• Eighteen years of experience in staff management, clinical supervision, and overseeing and developing programs and services
• Fifteen years of experience in conducting staff training on case management and substance abuse and mental health issues
• Three years’ experience in conducting audits and quality control for recordkeeping and service plans
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Certification in CPR, first aid, and non-physical restraint techniques instructor